Pages

Thursday 11 October 2012

Healthy dessert

We all love a scrumptious dessert but what about one that is delicious as well as healthy?! Oh and did I mention very simple?!

Enter the Berry Clafoutis! What is a Clafoutis you ask? Well, actually, I didnt know. But Google told me its a 'french baked cherry dessert with a battered flan top'. So, there ya go!

Anyway, I thought i'd share the recipe with you all.

BERRY CLAFOUTIS

500g frozen berries ( i used raspberries)
4 x eggs
250g thick natural yoghurt or ricotta
1/4 cup honey
150g almond meal
1tsp vanilla
zest of 1 orange

Preheat oven 180C. Arrange berries in the bottom of a flan dish (I just used a casserole dish).

Combine eggs, yoghurt, honey, almond meal, vanilla and zest using a whisk or processor until smooth.

Poor mixture over berries and bake for 30-40mins until golden.

Serve with cream or yoghurt. (Oops sorry about the quality of this pic. It was tastier than it looks here but the only photo I had of the finished product!)


Enjoy!

Mel xx

1 comment: